Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Lovely Bones

I was pleasantly greeted this morning by warm rays of light filtering in through my blinds. 

You see, our little Cupcake Cottage doesn't have the best insulation... and although I LOVE all the windows, it does make for a rather chilly night.  


While perusing through the real estate listings.  I swear it is like therapy to me.  I came across this tiny doll house in desperate need of some tender loving care (and I'm sure some insulation).  :)


I fancy any home with a fireplace near the front door. 
 It always reminds me of a page right out of a fairy tale.




Archways seem to make a room feel more intimate.  


I wonder if the counter tiles could be salvaged and used somewhere else in the home?  

p.s.  Isn't she a pretty ole' door?



Looks like most of the wood floors are in good shape and could easily be refinished.  
Did you notice all of the exposed plank walls?  
My heart flutters...

So if you can look past all the dirt and grime, a home is hiding in there.  



"Obsessed by a fairy tale, we spend our lives searching for a magic door and a lost kingdom of peace."

~ Eugene O'Neill


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the old door in the kitchen. The house looks like it could be really cute. All it needs is a little bit of work.

Bonnie said...

Ooooo are you offering to help me fix it up?! hahaha :)

lotta said...

Thank you for introducing this gem to us. Although I am perfectly content in our home, I also love looking through real estate listings, dreaming and imagining. Thanks for visiting inleaf recently!

SeaWorthy said...

Goodness!
thats a total diamond in the rough..Tons of potential and so sweet..shes just waiting!!!

go for it, girl!

Jenjennaren said...

I love it!! Where is this house???