Monday, November 15, 2010

don't shower with your socks on





I almost took a shower with my socks on...

and that's how my day started for the second time I decided to get out of bed.

The first time I got out of bed, it was early.

The skies were grey and overcast and the cold from outside had quickly left a chill inside the house as well.

I was on the phone with a friend when all of a sudden,

there was a loud POP and the power went out.

SO...

I retreated to the warmth of the covers.

Until about 11 AM.

That's about the time where I find myself about to hop in the shower with socks on.

Thankfully I didn't.

My afternoon was actually quite a delight considering how the morning had started.

A warm latte from my one of my favorite coffee spots.

A long stroll with my pup through the park and around one of my favorite neighborhoods.

About an hour of driving around looking at historic houses.

Taking pictures with my Diana film camera.

And then.

My right knee gave out.

*side story*
  back when I was trying to impress boys I jumped over a high fence to retrieve a football. 
 there was a very cute young man I was hoping to impress at the time so it was so important that I jump this 12 foot fence.  
  I did.  No problems.  BUT when I "hopped" back over, my foot caught and I landed wrong. 
 Thus messing up my knee for the rest of my life.  
I did get a lot of attention from the cute boy though...

All I did was bend down.

Man I feel old.

So now I'm hobbling around and in a good amount of pain.

Hopefully I can drive to the camera store to drop off my film and run my other errands.

Or at least get a cute boy to wait on me...

Cheers to Monday, cute socks and a little less hobbling around.







8 comments:

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Love the Socks! Hope your knee will be better soon as well.Bummer! Cheers to your Monday as well.~Chow Kim

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

The things we do for guys :-) Hope that knee improves fast. Love the photos, so much fun and with your old camera what an amazing effect.

PhotoPuddle said...

I forgot my daughter still had her socks on when I put her in the bath the other day. Ooops. She looked a little confused!

Hope your knee feels much better soon x

Anonymous said...

Love the socks! Great photos!

Sorry about the pain. Hope it gets better soon!

christina said...

ohhh honey, i do believe i am in love, with your blog.
; )

christina said...

ps: feel better real soon!
xo

I Love Pretty Little Things said...

I LOVE the SOCKS! They are so much fun!
Your day sounds wonderful, except for your knee. I, too, have a knee issue. It just goes out on me at the weirdest moments. I can't explain why, and I never know when, and then it is back to normal Just Like That- Who knows...?
Hope yours feels better soon,
Joyce

Frances said...

Hi Bonnie .... I'm sorry we have gotten out of touch. I don't know how life gets so busy. I have to tell you, these photos of your socks and the candy kisses are some of the most adorable shots I have ever seen! You have such a knack for thinking of the most creative things to photograph. I'm so sorry to hear of your knee pain. You managed to add a smile to the story, even though I know there aren't many smiles when the pain is throbbing. Hugs to you, and best wishes .....