Thursday, June 11, 2009

Inspiration





So you've heard it a thousand and one times - exercise is good for you, yet why is it sometimes the most mundane moment can kick your butt into gear? I received the latest issue of Better Homes and Gardens yesterday and while flipping through all the fun design goodness, one tiny statement hit home. It mentioned how if you make yourself get up and do some kind of workout for at least thirty minutes each morning, you'll have a better chance of sticking with it than if you try a routine at lunch or after work in the evening. Now I realize that everyone is not a morning person, but I've always tried to be, and what better way than to just get up and go. Noah would love it, I'd benefit from it and I would be able to get more done during the day. So I'm going to try it. I thought it would make it more of a challenge if I let you all know what I was planning on doing so it would be harder to just quit. I know it's not much, but everyone has to start somewhere. Who knows, maybe I can inspire some of you to keep with or start your own work-out program.

So Noah and I already did our thirty minute walk today and it felt great! I got home, took a shower, and we had breakfast. Now it is barely 8:30 AM! I have a full day ahead of me and I've earned a nap! hahaha

The pictures above are when Josh and I climbed the Skyline Trail at Mt. Rainier in Washington. It was the toughest hike we've done so far, and yes, I had old people passing me up, but we climbed nearly 8,000 ft and although it was only about a six mile hike, it was a lot of going up. I remember we were so proud of ourselves after we finished, so I thought these were perfect to give me inspiration to just walk around the neighborhood.

Hope you all have a great day!

No comments: